The first step for all of our patients is to meet with the surgeon we feel is best placed to perform your procedure for a consultation.
At the consultation, you will be able to discuss with your surgeon what your hope to achieve from the procedure, as well as discuss in detail what may or may not be possible given the existing structure of your nose. Dependent on which consultant you see, a visualisation of what outcome you can expect will be made via Crysalix 4D imaging technology used at the Clinic to help you visualise this.
After that, several key measurements will be made of your nose, and standard clinical photography will be taken.
Finally, a comprehensive discussion regarding risks and complications will take place, alongside a discussion regarding the post-procedure and recovery phase. Your previous medical history will also be recorded (including previous surgery, medications, allergies etc.) and an assessment of your fitness for surgery.
If your surgeon feels you are a good candidate for surgery, you are then invited to consider whether you would like to proceed for surgery or otherwise following a two-week 'cooling-off' period.
Within this period you are welcome to come in and discuss your potential surgery with your surgeon as many times as you like.
You should expect your consultation to last a full hour, and you should factor coming in at least twice – the second time free of charge – to ensure that both you and your consultant are aligned on your expectations.
Some questions your consultant may ask you include:
- What is the current state of your overall health?
- What, if any, pre-existing health conditions do you have?
- Can you provide a full and comprehensive description of your past medical history?
- Can you provide a full and comprehensive description of your past surgical history?
- Please can you provide a list of any medications you currently take, including prescription and over the counter drugs?
- What is your current weekly level of alcohol consumption, smoking and recreational drug use?
- Do you have any allergies that we should be aware of?
- What are your overall goals for surgery?
Some questions you may ask your consultant include:
- Is a surgical rhinoplasty procedure the right procedure for me?
- If so, which surgical approach do you recommend as the right one for me?
- If not, should I opt for a non surgical rhinoplasty alternative?
- Will there be any pain after the surgery?
- Will there be any scarring after the surgery and if so, where?
- What is the recovery process? How long will it take for me to recover from my rhinoplasty?
- Are my expectations realistic?
- How many procedures of this type have you done before? Have you got any before and after pictures of rhinoplasties that I can look at?
- What happens if I am not happy with the results?