Both men and women undergo liposuction every year to achieve a variety of different goals. For men, liposuction can often successfully treat gynecomastia and other fat areas around their torso, while women use it more commonly around the stomach, hips and thighs. If one or more of the following apply to you, liposuction is an option to consider:
1. You have excess fat deposits on your hips, belly, thighs, neck or chest that won’t respond to diet or exercise.
2. You feel like certain areas are out of proportion with the rest of your figure. Reducing excess fat on one area of the body can bring it into better balance with your natural features.
Liposuction is excellent for reducing areas of fat and sculpting a beautifully natural contour, and using liposuction to remove excess fat on one area of the body can make you seem more in proportion. The ideal liposuction patient has localised fat deposits & good skin tone.
However, it’s important to have realistic expectations about what liposuction can achieve. If any of the following apply to you, then liposuction may only offer limited success in helping you achieve your goals. Your cosmetic surgeon can recommend the options best suited to your needs.
1. You have loose, sagging skin. Liposuction is designed specifically to target fatty tissue, it will not significantly improve the appearance of loose skin. Other body contouring procedures, such as a tummy tuck or body lift, may be better options for you.
2. You want to lose a significant amount of weight. Liposuction can improve your shape, which can help you look thinner and more fit, but it’s not a weight loss method. While some overweight patients can benefit from the reshaping effects, the most satisfied patients tend to be happy with their weight prior to surgery.
3. You are just looking to address cellulite. While liposuction can remove fat, it cannot always remove the appearance of cellulite. If it is just cellulite and not fat removal that is your main concern, we recommend Cellulaze.