- Cosmetic Surgery
- Minor Ops
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
The event played host to over 125 delegates at The Royal Marsden Hospital in Chelsea, a world-leading cancer centre which is dedicated to cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education.
This year’s London Skin Cancer Meeting focused on melanoma, an area which has seen incredible advances in treatments over the last few years, focusing attention on how delegates could best help patients under care. The key elements of the meeting comprised:
There was a phenomenal speaker lineup, with world-leading experts sharing their latest research and findings:
- Consultant Surgeon Prof Lord Ara Darzi spoke about convergence science and using this in the fight against cancer.
- Prof Sir Borysiewicz, Chairman of Cancer Research UK, gave an inspirational speech about the future strategies for fighting cancer.
- Dr James Larkin, a leading melanoma oncologist, focused on melanoma treatment strategies and looked at trial data for combination therapies.
- Consultant General Surgeon and Surgical Oncologist Mr Andy Hayes focused on transit melanoma and treatment methods.
- Consultant Dermatologist Dr Louise Fearfield updated delegates about skin toxicity with melanoma therapies.
Due to the overwhelming success of the London Skin Cancer Meeting, Dr Catherine Borysiewicz will continue to organise annual meetings on complex cancer management to share research, further educate and progress the field of skin cancer diagnosis, management and treatment.
The Cadogan Clinic is committed to research and education, which is vital to advancing the field of medicine. We are very proud to be working with a team of world-leading doctors who share the same passion for excellence and education which will ultimately deliver the very best clinical results and patient experience.
For a consultation with Dr Borysiewicz please call 0808 252 9528.