The Very Best ConsultantsWe’ve invited some of the very best consultants in London to join us at the Cadogan Clinic. They are supported by an outstanding nursing staff and management team
Psoriasis is a common skin condition that causes red patches of inflamed skin with silver-white scales, often on the elbows and knees but also commonly affecting the scalp, face and folds of skin (such as the back of your knees and elbows). It is an autoimmune disease, which is not contagious, and occurs when the body's immune system mistakes healthy cells for dangerous substances.
Skin cells typically grow deep inside the skin, and about once a month they rise to the surface. This process is accelerated in people who suffer from psoriasis, which causes a build-up of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. Among the factors that can trigger a psoriasis attack are: stress; lack of adequate sunlight or too much exposure to the sun (a sunburn); bacteria or viral infections, such as strep throat and upper respiratory infections; dry air or dry skin; injury to the skin, including cuts, burns, and insect bites; certain medicines, including antimalaria drugs, beta-blockers, and lithium; and excessive alcohol consumption.
We offer three types of psoriasis treatment at the Cadogan Dermatology Clinic:
- High quality topical ointments are prescribed to control the symptoms of the condition and protect from infections
- Effective creams and shampoos, again prescribed in order to keep the condition under control
- Phototherapy, or localised light therapy, is used to expose the psoriasis to light and reduce symptoms
In some severe cases of psoriasis attacks, our dermatologists may resort to employing pills and injections, which alter the immune response of the body, thus, suppressing the outbreak.
What results can I expect from Psoriasis Treatment?
Because the severity, type and the trigger of psoriasis differ from patient to patient, before undergoing any psoriasis treatment, London based clients, and those able to travel are advised to make an appointment with one of our highly skilled consultants and get a thorough diagnosis. A good initial assessment is essential to achieving lasting and satisfactory results. The successful treatment of Psoriasis leads to patients feeling both healthier and more confidence in the aesthetic appearance of their skin.
Why choose the Cadogan Dermatology Clinic for my Psoriasis treatment?
- The Cadogan Dermatology Clinic is one of the leading facilities for aesthetic medicine in the UK
- Our award-winning Dermatologists rank among the very best in the UK, and have a wealth of experience between them
- We have a track record of treating thousands of satisfied skin patients