The Very Best ConsultantsWe’ve invited some of the very best consultants in London to join us at the Cadogan Clinic. They are supported by an outstanding nursing staff and management team
Hyperhidrosis is a condition characterised by excessive sweating, most typically in areas where there is a high concentration of sweat glands such as the hands, feet, armpits and the groin area. Excessive sweating can even occur when the temperature is lower or when they are at rest. It is estimated that two to three percent of the population suffers from hyperhidrosis, with less than 40 percent of those affected by the condition seeking medical advice.
We offer two extremely effective types of hyperhidrosis treatment at the Cadogan Dermatology Clinic:
- Botox (botulinum toxin) treatment: Botox is a protein and a neurotoxin, which acts as an inhibitor to overactive sweat glands. Patients are injected with Botox in the affected area, thus, reducing the volume of sweat produced from the sweat glands
- BodyJet treatment: this procedure entails the use of water-assisted liposuction to produce highly effective results. The BodyJet separates the sweat glands from the adjacent tissues, allowing for the permanent removal of the sweat glands from the skin. This can be carried out under local anesthetic
What results can I expect from Hyperhidrosis treatment?
As with any dermatology treatment that we offer at our clinic, results may vary depending on each patient’s individual case. However, hyperhidrosis procedures are highly effective.
Botox hyperhidrosis treatment typically produces results that can last for three to four months. Treatment is generally administered periodically to maintain the desired effects.
A single Bodyjet procedure is sufficient to see noticeable, long-lasting results. This procedure is carried out under light sedation and you will be able to return to work the following day.
Why choose the Cadogan Dermatology Clinic for Hyperhidrosis treatment?
- The Cadogan Dermatology Clinic is one of the leading facilities for aesthetic medicine in the UK
- Our award-winning Dermatologists rank among the very best in the UK, and have a wealth of experience between them
- We have a track record of treating thousands of satisfied skin patients